Friday, April 30, 2010

Tilda with a Rose

Oh my, I am totally in love with the MAGNOLIA STAMP collection. It features angel characters and my favorite right now is Tilda.  I found out that since she is an angel she doesn't have a mouth because      angels speak from the heart....  I didn't know that.

My challenge was not only to create a card with my first Tilda stamp image but to use my copic markers for the first time too.  I have to be honest, they really intimidated me at first, still do but not a much now that I tried them out. I attempted to do some shading and it worked here and there but I need to practice it more. 

My first Magnolia stamp is Tilda with a Rose.  I used glitter to add sparkle to some areas like her stockings, hairbow and wings.  I cut out the rose part and replaced it with a paper flower for added dimension...... I love the way it turned out...... hope you do too!!





Onto the next card now.... come back soon to check out my progress.

Have a nice weekend,
Lynn  xxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, oh my, you did a wonderful job on your first Magnolia card! Your coloring is delightful, working with Copics takes some practice, but for you first effort this is terrific. Great use of your punches and Cuttlebug embossing folder. Love the sparkly flowers and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn,
    I love your card. The lace is a beautiful accent with the little bit of slip showing under her dress. And the rose. It is a great card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a cutie Lynn! Great job with the Copics! Love her hair color! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at how pretty she looks. I totally love how you colored her and presented her on your card. You did an awesome job, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so sweet and cute rose replacement for the image. Great job on your first Tilda card Lynn :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete