Saturday, May 1, 2010

Butterfly Tag

Well I've been having some fun lately and all because I've had some time to scrap.  I figured the best way to test out new techniques was to do them on tags.  That way if I mess it up it's not so bad and I can start over.
So here is my first technique - ink resist.  I stamped a beautiful butterfly in white ink and embossed it with clear sparkling embossing powder. I then applied a few different colors of distress ink all over the tag and simply wiped off the ink on my butterfly to reveal the white.  It was easy and quick.




I added some ribbon and a flower that I retouched with glitter and glimmer mist. Since this side of the tag was so pretty I just couldn't stop there.... so I also did the other side...lol!!



I added a flower on this side too!  Just love butterflies..... so pretty.
The tag now belongs to lovely Leigh-Ann who also has a passion for butterflies.... will have to make more!!

Have a nice day all,

Lynn
Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment