Saturday, July 24, 2010

Baptism Card

Hi girls,

Here's a beautiful angel baptism card I made last week for my cousin.



















I can't take credit for the idea as I got it from a utube video. You can check it out at:  http://www.youtube.com/user/vadeler. She demonstrated how to make the angel for a christmas card but I thought it would be perfect for a baptism card as well.

The angel was made from 3 Stampin UP (SU) punches - large scallop oval, 1-3/4circle and the large tag punch. I used SU 'shimmering white' cardstock for the gown and sleeves and some white glitter paper for the wings and clowds. I used SU 'vanilla' cardstock for the face and hands and inked around the edges with 'more mustard' craft ink. I used SU 'more mustard' cardstock for the hair and the skirt of the gown.

I took a gold inked pen and outlined the edges of the wings, gown and sleeves to make it more church like. I also added a tiny gold cross in the center of the gown. I colored the cheeks with SU pink chalk color.




I didn't have the SU 'boho blossoms flower punch' at the time (definately on my next SU order) so I used a small flower punch and cut it in half to make the hands...came out nice regardless.

I then embossed a baby blue cardstock in a pokadot embossing folder for my background. I inked and distressed the edges and then adhered it to another blue tone cardstock. I then glued it all to a white card and inked all the edges with vintage photo distress ink.

I cut a strip of white and yellow ribbon that matched the colors of the angel and made a double bow. 

Now for the inside of the card, I cut a baby blue color cardstock and inked the edges in vintage photo distress ink and distressed them as well. I then cut another cardstock about 1/2" smaller, punched out the corners with a decorative corner punch and inked all the edges in blue distress ink. I then used a finger dabber and ever so gently rubbed the white cardstock with the blue distress ink just to give it a little shade, like clouds.














I cut out a large oval scallop in the same baby blue cardstock for the background of my oval cut baptism poem.  I used a simple technique to get this aged look. I printed the poem onto a piece of photocopy paper, crumpled it up and then carefully flattened it out without removing all the crumples.  I then used a finger dabber with a mix of vintage photo and old paper distress ink. Once I liked the look I then turned it over and ironed out the wrinkles.  I then inked the edges with vintage photo once again to give a more detailed outline.























I added a shear blue and gold ribbon to the top of the frame.  A beautiful vintage look!

Now for the back of the card. I did the usual, stamped an image in versamark and poured clear embossing powder.

I wanted to add a cross to the card so I added it to the back.  I cut out a cross from a cardstock that had cross images on it and then I inked it up with versamark. I then poured clear Utee embossing powder and heat embossed.  I kept adding the Utee until the cross was evenly covered.



















And now for the envelope.  I wanted to keep a vintage look so I inked up my medallion stamp in SU 'more mustard' and/ taken with teal' ink color and stamped the left corner of the envelope. 
















I made a tissue paper flower by cutting approximately 12 circles out of blue tissue wrapping paper. I crumpled them all up individually and the carefully opened them and layed them one on top of each other. I then inked the edges randomly and then sprayed white glimmer mist over it. So beautiful!!

I then stamped the back of the envelop opening in the same color using another vintage looking stamp.



















And finally, I inked the edges of the envelope in 'teal blue' ink.

Back with more cards real soon!!

Enjoy your weekend.

Lynn xx




No comments:

Post a Comment