Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wedding Easel Card

Hi Ladies,

As promised, I managed to complete the wedding card tody, at the expense of laundry and cleaning.......hehehehe oh well gotta have fun once in a while.

So here is the wedding card that goes with the picture frame. I went with an easel card to be able to incorporate two things related to weddings, a cake and a garter belt.




I had recently watched a tutorial by Laura Denison from 'The Paper Trail' on how to make her Wedding Mini Album and thought about  making a wedding card using some of her pages. You have to check Laura out if your into envelope and mini albums as she is the best out there in my opinion. You can find her at:
http://followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com/ or click here to go straight to her wedding mini album.



The cake layers are actual pockets to insert a tag containing a message. If you look closely you see that I have added pearls to the top and bottom tag and flowers to the middle tag.  This makes it easier to pull the tags out.





Here is what it looks like with the tags pulled out from the pockets.
And here are tags out of the pockets.

I liked the idea of a garter belt as when making an easel card you need to put something down to hold the front of the card up.  So it only made sense to add a garter belt... but how? Well I improvised, I put a strip of sticky glue down and added ruffle ribbon across and then added another strip just above it and turned the ribbon around and added another row.  Then I added a very shinny pretty ribbon in the middle and Voila - a garter belt.


Oops almost forgot, I used craft cardstock and inked the edges and surface of the paper with 'vintage photo' distress ink. I also punched the top of the card for a more dainty look.



And once again, just because I love it so much, my wedding easel card.



Hope you enjoyed this card as much as I did making it.

I'll get a picture of both the wedding picture frame and the card together and post it shortly.

See ya,

Lynn XX

No comments:

Post a Comment