Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wedding Picture Frame

Hello ladies,

I have a beautiful and easy project to share with you today, it's an altered picture frame. 
A co-worker of mine is getting married and I wanted to make something special for her. I can't believe how pretty this turned out. I will have to make one for myself now, it's a good thing I bought 2 picture frames.... Lol!



I really had no idea what I was going to do with the frame but knew that I had to start by covering the frame in gesso. I then decided that I wanted a vintage look so I turned to my crackle paints and chose 'tattered rose' color. I applied a thin coat and let it dry for a few minutes and then quickened the drying process with my heat tool, too impatient. I repeated the process once again and got the texture I was going for, Love it!




I liked the effect but wanted it to have a shine effect so I applied an irredescent medium water color with a paint brush over the whole frame....WOW!! just gorgeous. I dabbed some gold ink around the edges of the frame to give it a more vintage look as well.

Ok now the frame was painted, onto the next step.  I fiddled around with some ribbon and decided to go with a turquoise rose ribbon as it fit well on the frame and had a vintage look I was going for. I felt it needed something else so I added a fushia color prima flower in the center.... perfect!



I wanted the picutre to stand out so I also added a very delicate dainty ribbon with little roses around the center frame.

I decided I wanted to have something that represented a bouquet of flowers and I just happen to have a little bundle of blue flowers tied together.  I added two white feathers and some wedding bling behind the flowers for more volume.  I made a bow of blue and gold ribbon and glued it all down. Voila, a beautiful bouquet for a beautiful bride.


I added rings across the bouquet to signify marriage and then inserted a vintage bride picture to complete the picture frame.



I really enjoyed making this stunning frame and can't wait to give it to a very beautiful young bride.

Stay tuned, as the wedding card is next.

Bye for now ;)

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn,

    I'm so proud of you, your so creative and that you can visualize it before and then make it happen.


    Momxxx

    ReplyDelete