Saturday, July 24, 2010

MEDALLION CARD

Hi ladies,

I made my first medallion card using the medallion stamp by STAMPIN UP.
This mediallon stamp is so beautiful I can't wait to make more cards now.

I used three different ink colors and applied them to the stamp with an ink finger dabber.  Once my color was applied to the stamp I huffed on it to moisten the ink a little and then stamped my image. Cool effect!
I then inked the edges of the cardstock and distressed it with my finger.  I matted the image onto a contrasting color and then adhered it to the card base.

I added a pretty flower in the center of the card and a butterfly on the right corner. Now the card has dimension and pops out......love it!



















I used a sizzix's label die and stamped my greeting.  I punched out a few tiny butterflies out of glitter paper to give more color and dimension.


















I inked all around the edges of the card and decided that I wanted to do something with the backside.
I inked up a flourish stamp, which works well with the medallion image, in versamark and stamped .
I poured sparkling white embossing powder over the versamark ink and heat set it.... and Voila!



Hope this card inspires you, come back for more fun using the medallion stamp from Stampin UP.

Bye for now ;)

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Again each one that you create is as lovely as all the others.

    Wondering and looking forwad too what it will be like when you will have more free time.lol

    Love & xxxx (mom)

    ReplyDelete