Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wedding Card

Hi,

A coworker viewing my scrapbook album convinced me to take a challenge and make a wedding card for her.  As a new scrapper I had not yet touched cardmaking but was interested so I took the challenge. I had previously downloaded a paper piecing SVG file of a wedding couple and thought I would give it a try.

To be honest, it was not an easy challenge as I was now tackling two never done before projects: cardmaking and paper piecing. It was time consuming but actually not so bad once I overcame my panic of OMG what did i get myself into....LoL!

I had a white wedding embossed cardstock already on hand so I started there and then rubbed yellow distress ink over the back and front of the card to give it some color as the bride was already mostly in white. I used my cricut machine to cut out the images from the svg paper piecing files and then glued all the pieces together. I also cut out a wedding arch and placed the bride and groom in the center.





























You can't really see it here but I added white liquid pearls to the grooms tux making it look like suede, very beautiful. I added white crystal glitter to the ruffle at the bottom of the bride's dress and finally I added flower soft over the brides bouquet giving it a more textured and raised effect.

Now that the card was completed i figured out that there still was a challenge left for me to tackle..... the envelope.What I did is look for an envelope on hand that the card would fit into. I then carefully pulled the envelope apart and used it as a template. I drew the envelope on a yellow color cardstock to complement the card. I used a wedding tag purchased at the dollar store scrapping section and glued it to the front of the envelope.














I tied a silk pink ribbon around the card and since the front was so pretty I couldn't leave the back bare so I decided to do something there too.   I added a glitter foam flower to the point of the envelope closure and cut off the remaining petails. I added little silver flowers to add more interest.














And voila!, after having faced all these challenges, the time and dedication put into it, and how pretty the card turned out I had a really hard time parting with it. I'll take the time again soon and make another like it. Thanks Amy, I couldn't have taken this on without you having confidence in me.

Lynn ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment