Monday, March 8, 2010

Easel Card

Hi,

I almost forgot, I have another card to share with you.  My neighbor's daughter is turning 11 years old so I took the opportunity to try out my card making skills again. This is my second hand made card. My first card was a true challenge (Wedding Card) so this one should be a little easier..... lol!

I decided to go with an easel card, simple enough and I had a cupcake in mind as my focal point. 


















I used kraft card stock as my base and then layered a fushia rose color cardstock on the top and on the inside of the easel card.















I punched out the corners of a smaller piece of designer paper and applied stickles to each corner.  I cut out a scallop circle on purple cardstock and then a smaller one in white and inked the edges in pink. I stamped the cupcake image on the white scalloped circle and then again on a scrap piece of paper.  I colored in the cupcake and did the same on the extra one but only on the topping as I then cut it out, applied foam stickers to the back and aligned it on top of the my colored picture. This adds dimension to the picture and with a little more glitter glue (stickles) to accent the cream topping and hearts makes it all the more yummy looking.

To make the easal card stand up straight I alligned a Happy Birthday (Bonne Fete) banner 3/4's down the inside with foam glue dots to raise the banner a little.  This way the easal card front is blocked and sits against the banner. I stamped the saying in light violet and then applied the same color tone embossing powder over it and heat embossed it. I then inked the whole banner with light violet distress ink.


 I finished the bottom with a beautiful punch border and sprayed shinny glimmer mist to make it sparkle.



Hope you like it.

Lynn :)







No comments:

Post a Comment