Monday, March 8, 2010

Page 3

Hi all,

Here's a scrapbook page that was really fun to do. I had cut out a picture about a year ago of an elephant taking a bath and thought it was so cute that I knew I wanted to incorporate it into a scrapbook page one day. Well that day has finlly come and Im really happy how it turned out.















The elephant was sitting in a cute red tub but I couldn't get a picture of Kass in a tub beside it so I traced the tub out onto a piece of  green cardstock, doubled the length of the tub so that there was enough room for both of them in tub.... too cute.















I rubbed green distress ink over the tub to give it an aged look.I then applied liquid applique to the rim of the tub to look like bath foam spilling over the rim. I had a wave made out of glittered chipboard so I just had to use it somewhere on this page and it fit perfectly in the center of the tub.  I also had a piece of material that I cut into a little square and added it to the picture as a little towel hanging off the bathtub rail.  I also cut into the picture, you'll notice Kass is holding onto the tub. I simply cut around his hand and then glued it to the tub. Cool effect!!


















When thinking of the layout which only started with an elephant in a tub I thought back to when Kass was taking baths in my first home. We had shower curtains back then so I decided to hand draw curtains on a 12x12 yellow piece of cardstock and then cut it out using scallop scissors. I then did the same process with designer paper and layered it with foam backing and placed it on top of the yellow cardstock for added dimension. I inked the edges in brown distress ink and made it pop out even more.  My main background was a light blue piece of cardstock. I wanted to duplicate the bubbles around the elephant so I took a circle shape stamp and inked it in blue and white to get the bubble effect onto the page.  I also had a few bubbles made out of plastic so I randomly placed them on the page.

This page was a lot of fun bringing it all together.  Hope it inspires you to get creative and come up with new ideas.

See ya,

Lynn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment