Monday, September 7, 2009

Baby Album - Page 11

Page 11 of the baby album is a full 8x10 picture of my son Kassidy framed onto 2 pieces of cardstock.  
















I first framed the picture about a 1/2 inch larger than the picture itself on a light green cardstock. I wanted the frame to pop out and not just be a solid color so I used a couple of distress ink colors and inked all around the edges of the frame. Then I took a stamp and inked it in versamark (clear and sticky like glue) and then stamped the edges of my frame. I added white shimmery embossing powder all over and heat embossed the edges.















I followed the same embossing process for the 12x12 baby blue cardstock and now both cardstocks flow well together. I cut out my son's name with my electric alphabet cutter, then applied glue with a very thin glue stick and poured glitter all over the letters.  I added a few gem stones under the corner page to give it that final touch. Love it!!

I just happened to have a bow that had the same embossed looked as my cardstocks so I added it to the left bottom corner of my picture frame and added a glittered flower to the center, so cute.
I really wanted to add some flowers to the layout but wanted to keep it 'boyish' so I bunched a couple of white, blue, yellow and brown flowers together, added glitter onto the darker ones, and much to my surprise it didn't look girlish at all.  Just adorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment