Saturday, September 5, 2009

Baby Album - page 1

So here it is, my first scrapbooking page.  Please know that I have never attended a course or received any training other than watching tutorial videos online.  Since this page, I have acquired more knowledge on various techniques and have of course purchased the tools and supplies needed to enhance my scrapbooking pages. As the Baby Album progresses you will notice more detail and I will be able to share these techniques with you.

After some thought on how to present the first page in the baby album I decided to go with the obvious, a few pics of me pregnant.  Since I didn't know whether I was having a boy or a girl I decided to go with that as my theme.  Therefore, I split my 12 x 12 page in half and devoted one side for 'Girl' and the other 'Boy'.
I used pink and blue baby cardstock for my background, added chipboard letters to spell out 'Girl' and 'Boy' in various colors and sizes. I also added some glitter to bring out the design on the chipboard.
  
I positioned two 4x6 picitures and added 3 paper flowers on top of each other for added dimension and attached all together with a brad. I added a silk ribbon on top of two glittered flowers for interest and added a few little colored plastic flower shapes on the top of the page above the title and around the bottom picture frame just to make it stand out a little more.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



I completed the page with a few word rub-ons and a glittered swirl at the bottom for more dimension.

All products used were acid free and purchased at my local discount store. Stay tuned, more pages to be posted very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment