Sunday, September 6, 2009

Baby Album - Page 8

Page 8 of the baby album is where my true love for glitter becomes apparent. Everything on this page is accented with glitter.  To begin, I chose a dark blue glitter cardstock background to reflect night-time as this is a picture of my little boy asleep.

















I had a cute little paper bag with the picture of a teddy bear asleep on a pillow resting on the moon. I decided to cut it out and add a picture of my son asleep on the pillow. It was perfect, so I continued the page layout by adding clouds, stars and a little poem.

I found a few clouds made out of thin wood as embellishments but they needed something to stand out as I found them dull looking. Glitter to the rescue... I added glitter all around the edges and gently rubbed more glitter on the inside of the clouds to give them that shimmering look. 

 
I added a few more stars, some made out of foam and others felt and rubbed glitter all over them. I wanted to add a little poem to my page since my baby was sleeping amongst the stars. So I wrote a poem on my computer and printed it out on colored cardstock. I added it to different cardstock color paper and rubbed glitter all around the edges so that it blended in with all the other glitter elements on the page. Love it!!
   
I also outlined the moon in yellow glitter as the final touch to this page. My affection for glitter was now full blown and I just had to go out and buy it in every color possible......  I'm now officially addicted to glitter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment