Monday, September 7, 2009

Baby Album - Page 13

Page 13 will be the final page of my Baby Album #1.  I couldn't find a better way to end this album than with an angelic picture of my baby boy.
















I was able to find a 12x12 cloud background made out of vellum but it was so thin I had to adhere it to a piece of cardstock. Making it stick to the cardstock was a challenge but after applying a few glue dots on top of vellum tape it took hold. It did raise in some areas but that was ok as it just gave more dimension to the clouds.
















I added the title "My Angel" with glitter letter stickers and added a gold and red swirl embellishment to the top center of the cardstock. I had some white glitter flowers (of course) so I used them as clouds for added dimension.
I then started working on my little angel. I took a 4x6 christening picture and added 2 angel wings to each side. For the halo I used a crystal gem frame. 
I wanted to include a poem so I wrote one up on my computer and printed it off on cardstock. I changed the colors to match my layout with distress ink.I cut out a scrolled frame and stuck the poem on top. I outlined the edges with a silver marker and added a few gold gems and an angel charm as embellishments. I adhered the picture and poem onto a delicate piece of lace paper. I tied it all together by adding a silver cyrstal gem frame to the bottom corner. I finished the page off by adding a large white glitter flower and a smaller dark blue flower to the center.





















Well this now completes Baby Ablum #1.
I hope you enjoyed the album and picked up a few ideas along the way to help you start or complete your own.

I will be posting other projects as well which are focused on stamping and cardmaking, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment