Saturday, September 5, 2009

Scrapbooking - My Story

Alright, so here's my story as to how I came upon scrapbooking and why it has become a passion for me and my all time favorite pastime.  About 8 months ago, I finally decided to start working on my child's baby album, who is now 10 years old.  I know, my bad!, but time has just gone by so quickly... but never too late, right.  So I started shopping for baby albums and came across some strange ones, they were 12 x 12 pages and I had no clue what they were for so I asked and that's when I found out about 'scrapbooking'. 

Oh boy, the next thing you know I was searching the internet for everything I could find on scrapbooking and I was just fascinated by it all.  I spent every moment I could spare watching Yahoo videos on scrapbooking tutorials teaching the basic techniques used to enhance pages and so much more. So now all I needed was to print out some pictures and go shopping for supplies.......so much fun!!

From the very moment I sat down and started to create my first page with all the beautiful cardstocks, glitters and embellishments at hand I fell into a 'trance' and would craft for hours on end.  I found a new passion and just love it!! 

My love for scrapbooking is not only for the beautiful end result created but very much  for being able to retreat from the everyday stresses of life and just relax. I easily lose sense of time and hours pass quickly because I'm having so much fun.

So what am I up to these days?  Well, I have completed a few scrapbooking pages for Kassidy's baby album (pictures will be added below shortly), and have found that I am very drawn towards cardmaking and stamping.  That's how I found out about the company Stampin' UP who offer an exclusive line of decorative rubber stamp sets and  accessories for home décor, greeting cards, craft projects, and scrapbooking.

Stampin UP products are not sold in a retail stores and after consideration I decided to join their team and become a demonstrator. Right now, it's a mere hobby but I am slowly moving towards growing this into a little business.

Please follow me along this exciting journey and you will see how easy it is to not only create beautiful projects but how much fun your having along the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment