Sunday, September 6, 2009

Baby Album - page 5

My baby boy was born on Easter Sunday so page 5 and 6 of the baby album are dedicated to an Easter theme.

 
The cardstock was a little too busy for what I was going for so I decided to keep the outside squares and adhere a plain baby blue cardstock to the middle of the page. The Easter squares now act as a frame and outline my page just beautifully.

This page calls for an applause as I managed to pull off an embossing technique on my first try. The picture frame below was a regular unfinished chipboard piece. I inked it first with blue 'pigment' ink and then sprinkled embossing  powder over the frame and heat embossed it, twice. The result was magical.  I would have paid good money for a gorgeous frame like this..... but didn't :)




















Next I took a 'shipping tag' and adhered it to a piece of pale cardstock.  I then applied light green distress ink over the cardstock to give it another look.  I tied a ribbon at the top and then attached a baby greeting sticker in the middle of the tag.  Just lovely!
A few more little embellishments (rub on words, flowers, crown and tag) were added and this page to make it a simple yet beautiful page.



Onto page 6 now....

No comments:

Post a Comment