Sunday, September 6, 2009

Baby Album - Page 9

In 1999, a professional photographer came over to my home and took a few pictures of my 3rd week old son.  So for $100 I got about six 3x5 pictures. I couldn't afford more back then but at least I got a few nice pictures. With today's technology, I was able to scan those small pictures onto my computer and turn them into beautiful 4x6  photographs. I even made an 8x10 which you'll see on another upcoming page.

Page 9 was done very differently than my earlier pages.  I used a digital processing method to compute the pictures and that became my page layout.

















I adhered the digital picture frame to a patterned cardstock, rounded the edges and used a design punch  in each corner to give it a little bit of elegance.  I then glued it to another cardstock that was light blue but I added some texture to it by applying blue distress ink and softly blending the darker color in circular motions over the cardstock. This gave a cloud effect which softened the background. I then added a few stars randomly around the picture frame and of course I added glitter all over them.


















I felt the picture frame needed something else to pop off the page, so I added a silver crystal corner frame to the left side of the pictures and that just completed it to my liking.





















Now the bottom part was just right to place a title so I used my electronic cutter to cut out 'A STAR IS BORN'.  I inked each letter with a different pigment ink color and then  poured clear embossing powder over each letter and heat embossed them. Now their all shinny like glitter, love it!
















I truly love this page, just adorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment